Aug 4, 2023
Cassie Shea, Co-Founder of Powerhouse Leaders HQ comes from deep roots on Hope Avenue in Santa Barbara, California.
Growing up in the corporate world gave her the chance to climb up the ladder fast before she pivoted to entrepreneurship.
Now, Cassie and business partner Brooke help CEOs looking for a change - those who don't know where to start or how to pivot.
Prediction: in 10+ years, everyone will be a solopreneur and contracting out part time at various companies.
The W2 employee model is dying, fast.
Imagine if you could get paid (more) to do only the work you love, while filling the exact need a company has.
After talking to hundreds of people about this, I found the common thread is "I don't know what my business would be."
You already have skills to monetize, you're just not connecting the dots.
If you aren't sure what your biz idea would be, here's the best way to get started:
1. Inventory your super skills (what you're better at than anyone else)
2. Do some research on how others have monetized their skills in the knowledge economy
3. Dissect the research into categories, and look for patterns
4. Figure out your key values (in life, not just biz)
5. Map how your values align to having an online business (what's your why)
6. Take a stab at creating one biz idea from scratch
7. Tell everyone you know, and a bunch of people you don't know
8. See if you get any bites of interest
9. Learn from what everyone says (what questions they ask, what doesn't make sense to them, what parts do resonate)
10. Learn how to create an offer based on what you learn and get paid to test it (my fave step = getting paid to do your ongoing market research)
We're taught for so long to learn skills to get promoted and get raises in a traditional job.
I'm passionate about helping you figure out how to do this and make more money for you (and, sometimes that's a raise in combo with a new income stream).
You don't have to leave corporate to do this. It's not all or nothin'.
You can start today.
If you'd like help figuring out what online business would work for you, DM me "biz plan" and I'll share how I've worked with people to go from "I don't know what I'd do" to full plan in 2 hours.
Reach Cassie on Linked In here!
Please subscribe James Youtube channel here!
Featured song for this episode is "Ride On", check it out on Spotify here
For a custom-branded song you can reach James at
If you wish to have an appointment with James about coaching, use this link.
Apple podcast review link
Please leave us a 5 Star review, its easy to do, and really helps us out to grow the show!
Thank you for doing this my friends!